3. Advanced Preferences
fmPreferences - Advanced Preferences Section
The 'Advanced Preferences' section makes three sections available.
1. The 'Database' section allows you to:
- Use My SQL protocol compression.
- Set the table prefix. All the data tables will have a prefix. This is a very useful option, especially if there are several Stores.
- Write a detailed SQL log. This option will save SQL log files for you.
- Set the 'direct', and 'bridge' connection timeout.
- Enable, or Disable, the 'rebuild 'catalog_category_product_index'' option, or set it into 'auto mode'.
- 'Delete', or 'not delete' the special price values, when they are set to '0'.
2. The ' Notifications' section, allows you to:
- Enable/Disable whether to Notify whether new updates are available.
- Enable/Disable whether there are new Order notifications.
- Set the 'last order' ID.
3. The 'Miscellaneous' section, allows you to:
- Show, or hide, the left-bottom banner.
- Show tips and tricks, on start-up.
- Enable/Disable the WYSIWYG HTML editors.
- Store the URL. It may be the same as the database host.
- Enable/Disable whether, or not, to reset the layout settings, when a new version is installed (Recommended).
Add a Watermark to the Product images
Provide a level of protection to your images, on the web, by using your Firm/Company’s watermark. Begin by clicking on 'Settings', in the top panel, of Store Manager, and select Preferences. In the sections list, locate the ' Image Watermark' option.
A form, with currently selected options, will be displayed.
Check the upper field, and specify a filename, and its direction, in the drive system of your computer. Use the 'browse' button, to locate the desired image file (see an illustration above).
Customize the view of the watermark, and the Product's Image: Set the percentage of its opacity, and specify its localization, etc., by making appropriate choices, within the middle, left, or right side sections of the screen.
In the lower section, you will be able to preview how the watermark will look, over your displayed Product images, after saving the configuration changes.
Please note: Any changes made, will apply only to new images of the Products, which are subsequently added, to the Store database.
Also, if you want the watermark to be present, on all pictures, within the Store Catalog, be sure to overwrite the existing images of the Products, with the new images.