11. Create PDF Catalog with new products via PDF Catalog Creator addon
Launch addon from the Addons section or by using the context menu on the Products page.
- from the top toolbar:
- from the context menu:
The Catalog Wizard helps to create catalog step-by-step.
Step 1. Specify store settings for catalog creation
Fill the form for Catalog Settings step - indicate the name of the catalog, currency for price value, the actual address of the store for which catalog is creating, store URL path etc.
Step 2. Add products to the Catalog
In the right side you can see two panels :
- the left one allows create new group of catalog data, rename and delete the existing one by using the top options;
- the right pane serves for adding products to the Catalog.
After pressing the appropriate button in the upper toolbar you will see the expanded categories tree - choose the positions from which the items will be added to:
Operating with the top toolbar you can perform the following actions:
- remove products from the selected catalog;
- preview catalog list;
- ‘disable/enable drag&drop’ method - enabled drag and drop option allows move products from one category to another one. You will get the notification for your further action:
- the product(s) will be assigned to the category you have chosen and keep assigning to the previous category as well and will be available in both categories;
- the products will be removed from the previous category and available in the selected category but keep assigning to other category positions;
- the products will be removed and unassigned from the previous categories and assign available only in the selected category.
If the products listed in the catalog have been changed in the store, you can update the data using the 'Update Selected' button.
Step 3. Choose Catalog Layout .
The final step of catalog creation. From the list of available views select the layout you want to apply to the PDF catalog.
Each element of the template can be changed or corrected by helping with the options in front of the appropriate field.
To check how the Catalog will look like - press ‘Preview Catalog’ button .
Now your catalog is ready for usage and will be saved in the Catalog list of the addon wizard.
The next video tutorial will help to see how such process works in practice: