6.1. Export Orders
The Orders Export wizard assists in facilitating the exporting of orders in Magento to a comma-separated, values file (.csv), which can subsequently be opened in MS Excel, or other compatible application(s), for editing, or further processing.
Click the [Export Orders] button to open the Export wizard, along with the [Export Orders] button.
To export Orders from Store Manager, perform the following steps:
1. Press the [Export] button, and continue with the next step(s):
2. Store Manager for Magento exports orders to a .csv file. You may enter the filename manually, or select the browse [...] button, which will open a dialog and allow you to select an existing file, which will subsequently be overwritten and replaced.
You may load a previously saved setting for use, by selecting the [Load Settings] button.
3. On the next page, you have to select from a number of Magento Orders Export options.
Currently, the Export Wizard offers 3 options:
- Export "All orders"
- Export "Only filtered orders"
- Export "Only selected orders"
Choose the option corresponding to your desired export result. The default setting for this option is to export "All Orders" from the currently selected Magento store. If you wish to export orders filtered by a set of criteria, select the "Only filtered orders" option. If you have already made your order selection prior to starting Orders Export, you may choose to "Export only selected orders".
4. The Fields Delimiter page contains important settings. Be sure to check them for proper configuration before continuing to the next step.
- The first option specifies the delimiter character to be used. The most popular delimiters are the comma (,), semicolon (;) and the tab character ( ), however, other symbols may be used as well. After completion of the process, an export file will be generated, for subsequent import, or other processing. If an incorrect delimiter is specified, during the subsequent import the file will not be parsed properly and the Orders will not be imported.
- The second option asks for a quoted string values character, which is required for correct field parsing. It is used to separate strings in the.CSV file.
The lower field relates to the multiple values of the csv file: the current separator will be used to separate the data within one field:
5. Select fields that you want to be exported:
All available fields that can be exported, are listed in the left pane. Select the fields you want to be exported and click the [>] button, which will move them to the 'selections made' pane, on the right. If you'd like to export all fields, simply press [>>]. The order in which columns will be saved in the .csv file may be changed. To do so, move the exported columns up, or down, using the corresponding action buttons.
Using the drop-down list of the [Add Group of Fields] button you can link necessary fields to export with one mouse-click. Choosing the "General data" you can link the order status, product_id, and product name. Take into account also the basic payment information, like payment ID, payment method, and other information.
"Order Items" consists of detailed data about order and allows to link the description, product price, order item ID, product quantity ordered and more other information.
You can also assign billing and shipping data to exported fields.
Starting from the last program update (ver. 2.9.0:2017 and higher) you are able to transfer the fields related to the order's comments with the other orders details as well (see the example illustrations below):
In case you choose this group, all fields related to the order history details will be transferred to the right panel:
6. Preview the export file and proceed.
To process your choice(s), choose the action that you wish to perform. Click [Export] to process and save the exported data, or select [Cancel], and further processing will be aborted, and the Wizard will be automatically closed. If you wish to open the directory containing the results file, select the corresponding option. The "Open results file" option allows you to see the resulting export file, opened in Microsoft Excel.
You may also save your configuration selections, for possible future use, by entering a name in the "Save Configuration" field, or by selecting a previously saved choice by click, and making a selection from the drop-down list (click on down arrow), and then [Save Settings].
See the following video tutorial on the export orders process: