Install Store Manager Connector for Magento versions 2.3 and above
Manual installation of Store Manager Bridge Connector includes the following steps:
1. Download Core and Connector modules (if you are updating the Bridge Connector ver.2.3 and higher you already have the Core module installed. So, you only need to download Connector module).
2. Install Core and Connector modules.
3. Enable Store Manager Bridge Connector in your Magento store admin.
1. Download Core Module and Connector module
How to download Connector module from Magento marketplace
Write "Store Manager Bridge Connector" in the Search field and press [Enter]:
The module is free, but you have to sign in to your Magento account to be able to add it to your cart and download on your PC. Add the module to your cart and click “Proceed to Checkout”:
Go to your Magento account and find the ordered module in the "My Purchases" section. Press [Download] to save the file with the module locally:
2. Install Core and Connector modules
1. From unzipped file, copy the contents from the Core folder to:
If you don't have the folder app/code/Emagicone/Core you should create it.
2. Run Command Line Interface (CLI). Go to Magento root folder and run the upgrade command to install eMagicOne Core module:
3. Copy the contents from the Connector folder to:
If you don't have the folder app/code/Emagicone/Connector, you should create it.
4. Go to Magento root folder, then run the upgrade and compile command to install eMagicOne Connector module:
3. Enable Store Manager Bridge Connector in your Magento store admin
Log into the admin panel and set “Yes” next to the “Enabled” status. You will find the module in the Dashboard sections list:
Attention! We strongly recommended replacing (changing) default username and password on your own because of security reasons!
In the Access Settings of the Connector, specify your own values instead of the default ones (the default password and login are '1'):
You can also change some additional settings for Magento Store Manager Connector:
Specify package size – the size of parts for getting a dump file.
Exclude some tables (use this to reduce the size of the data retrieved from the module).
When you are done, click the [Save Config] button.
Installation via Composer
This is relevant for Magento versions 2.3 and above.
1. Go to the store root directory and run the command to download Connector module
composer require emagicone/module-connector
Note: Connector module requires the installation of additional Emagicone Core module.
During the installation of the Connector module via composer, the Emagicone Core module is downloaded automatically.
2. Enable Core and Connector modules
First install Emagicone Core module. Run the command:
php bin/magento module:enable Emagicone_Core
Then install Emagicone Connector module:
php bin/magento module:enable Emagicone_Connector
Note: Emagicone_Connector requires Emagicone_Core to be installed and won’t work without it.
3. Apply the changes in Magento
Run the command:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Now, Magento Store Manager Connector module is installed and can be used to connect Store Manager to your store database.
In case of a need (your Magento is running in production mode) run the command:
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
Make sure your folder and files permission are set as per Magento requirements: https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.4/config-guide/prod/prod_file-sys-perms.html