3.7.1. Image Gallery
The image gallery is represented by this toolbar:
- Add a new image to the selected product
< - Press the corresponding button and choose the image from the local hard drive or from the FTP server.
< - To configure image resize rules, hit this button and open the creation form.
< - The [Add New Image Rule] button helps creating the necessary image size with specific parameters.
< - [Delete] allows removing rule from the list.
< - [Edit] selected image calls form where you can change the image or image label in the relevant fields
<- [Delete] serves for removing image file from the gallery
<- The [Download] button is the direct option that helps finding the necessary media on your computer or FTP server at once.
< - The [Set Resize Rule] button enables to set own parameters of product image.
Magento allows you to add Thumbnail, Small, and Base images. When first creating a product, as you will not have previously uploaded any custom images, all three image fields will be blank.
To add images to the product, click the browse [...] button, and you'll see the "Load Image" form.
Select an Image by either:
- Browsing the contents of your local folders and selecting an image. When you press the [OK] button, on the edit form, it will be uploaded to the "Images directory", via FTP. When a local image selected, the field will display the local image path (ex:
C:\My Images\some_image.jpg). The local image path will be replaced with the image name, some_image.jpg, after uploading.
- Selecting an image stored remotely, by browsing the contents of the FTP folder, previously specified as the "Images directory".
< - To open the "Image Resize Rules" window, click the relevant button.
If your images have different format, you can specify the necessary size of your media files. As default, the images are loaded without resizing, but when you press specific button, you have an opportunity to set your own size for product images.
The "Resize Image Rule" form helps you to perform the following operations:
< - [Add] new resize rule - you can specify the required width and height for your media files
<- [Delete] existing rule
< - [Abolish] your previous entries
< - [Apply] the changes you have made
To create your own resize rule press the [Add Rule] button and fill the columns as:
- The name of new rule
- Weight in pixels. If you specify only the weight parameter for media files, the image view will change proportionally to the specified size
- Height in pixels. If you fill both - the width and height columns - the image size will be changed accurately to these proportions
Additionally, you have to check one of the fields:
- If the image should reduce its size based on parameters you have specified, select the "Decrease Size" column.
- If the picture has to be increased in size, select the second one - "Increase size".
Press the [OK] button to save all your changes.
In the "Preview" column of product page you can see the base image of the products, all media gallery assigned to the specific product you can find in the lower product menu ribbon in Image Gallery tab.
Among the other options you can find the one called [Preview Images]. By clicking on it you access all the existing list of product images in one row.
During a new image assignment you may receive the following message:
When you press [Regenerate Name] the image name will be changed by the program automatically to avoid the duplication in image titles on the FTP.
If you choose the [Overwrite Image], this media file will be saved on over the existing one with the same position on the server.
You can reject this action by pressing [Cancel].
Each image position has an additional tools:
< - edit current media file
< - delete it from the gallery
< - download locally on your computer
< - change the image position up
< - or change the image position down
Please check the video below to see how to add image labels to your store views via our software.