6. Related Products Generator
The new possibility opens with the latest release of Store Manager for Magento - starting from the last updated version you can generate the related products, up-sells and cross-sells for each item in your store's catalog at once by using the Related Products Generator.
Related products are products that are similar in characteristics to what is being considered, but have some of their own features and can be purchased in addition. You can find more information on this type of products on the online documentation page
Up-Sells - the products, which are similar to the viewing one, but have better features or characteristics and can be purchased instead of the initial variant. Visit the page to get acquainted with this type of product in more detail.
Cross-Sells - the positions of the items, which appear, when the main product is added to the cart and look like the block of the offers to prompt the customer to make an extra (unplanned) purchase. See this page to get detailed information on this type of products.
In order to build the relations to the products follow the corresponding step-by-step instruction:
Create new configuration
To start the Generation process use the option from the top toolbar to create the new configuration.
Press 'Add' configuration button.
It opens the form with the appropriate fields which is divided into two sectors.
1. Information contains the basic settings details, i.e.:
- Name* - you have to clarify the name of the configuration there;
- Relation type* - indicate which product’s relation type the certain configuration belongs to;
- Store view* - specify the store view that the changes will be related to;
Such fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory.
Please note! In case the cross-sell type of relations is checked the specific store view need to be selected in Store view field, the up-sell and relation types can be used with All store view position.
Starting from the last program update (from v.3.21.0 Build:2311) you can see the field related to the categories of the store:
Categories field - select the categories from the store and only the products assigned to the selected categories will be processed during generating. Use the '...' option to call the category tree form or 'Delete' option to clear the previous choice.
- Product type - select a product type option from the drop-down list;
- Product status - indicate the status of the products;
- Product Visibility - specify the variant of the product visibility;
- Stock availability - determine whether the products are available or unavailable in the stock ().
The next fields related to the quantity and price range - you are able to set the limits in price value (amount) of products which the current condition will be actual in.
The fields relevant to the date information:
1) by default, the first field is checked and allows ignoring the time limits.
To be able to set the appropriate period of time use the next variants:
- determine the date via the built-in calendar for created or updated products by using next position:
The information concerning the conditions of the rule is located in the lower part of the current form.
2. For rule conditions
Assign limit - the number of products which can be processed in the generation. In other words, if you set ‘5’ in this field, then only five products, corresponding to the conditions, specified in the rule, will participate in the process of the generation.
Determine the operation’s type in the next field.
- 'regenerate' - if the matched products have the already assigned relations they will be rewritten on the new ones prescribed in the current rule;
- 'add only' - only add the new relations and do not modify the existing ones.
The fields responsible for placing conditions in a particular order you can see at the bottom of the form:
- by date of creation (from the latest to the earlier dates);
- by the value of the price (from the high to low).
Take a note the options below:
'Save' button allows adding the current configuration settings to the list.
'OK' button allows saving and applying the configuration at once.
Choose an action you need and close the form.
You should see the configuration list on the left.
To refresh the rule’s details - press the option opposite each position:
In addition, it activates the selected configuration.
Add conditions to the configuration
The lower part of the Related Products Generator page represents with the Condition Groups tab and the next tab that displays the relations of the products in accordance to the configured conditions before their finally generation
(i.e. preview tab).
Condition Groups tab
Sort order checkboxes shows conditions in a list based on the selected parameter:
- by date - from the latest date of creation to the earlier;
- by price - from the highest value to the lower.
Take a note, the appropriate checkboxes are not acceptable to edit in the current form.
To be able to change the sort order parameter you need to press the ‘Edit’ option in the top toolbar of the left upper panel:
Product condition for (Cross-sell, Up-sell, Relation)
Category field - select a category of products which will meet the current position.
Note, once it is selected (1) and saved (2) you can see the ID number instead of the category name in the particular field (3).
Product Type - specify which type of products will participate in a such condition;
Stock availability - check availability status for the products in condition (this field is available in Enterprise Edition of Store Manager for Magento and, in accordance, it is not available in Professional Edition of Store Manager for Magento.
Product quantity - type the number and use the arithmetic inequality in the next field to specify the number of products, from which the current condition will take a force (this can be the different formula's variations, for instance, more than 3 or more-equal to 5, or less than 4 etc).
Attribute field - select the attribute from a drop-down list. The products, which have such attribute assigned will be taken to the current condition.
You are able to choose the attribute values for a specific condition.
It is recommended for Up-sells generation to set the appropriate price range to the condition in the attribute field, that is, select 'Attribute'-> [Price] and form the formula according which the certain values will be taken into account when forming the relations.
According to the attribute value selected at the first position the content of the following fields will be automatically changed. For example, if you select a price attribute, then in the next field you can choose one of the mathematical inequalities and set the value in the third field to construct the corresponding condition.
Attribute values list will be changed based on the Store Manager’s Edition - in Professional Edition you can choose from the default attribute values only, the created ones will be unavailable for selection. If you use the Enterprise Edition particular list will be more extended with the default and own attribute values.
If you create the configuration for Cross-Sell generating, you will see an extra area in Condition Groups tab, named Order Conditions (this related to the Enterprise Edition of Store Manager for Magento, in Professional Edition of Store Manager such area is not available!).
Important! The current type of product relations will be generated based on the orders information and the fields, which you can see in the additional section related to the conditions of the order details.
Status field - choose the variant from the drop-down list. It allows activating the condition according to the selected order status.
The settings of the date and price range are represented below:
- date range - set from which date to which date of the purchase the condition will be valid;
- price range - indicate the limits in price value of the products in the order.
To add condition to the conditions group, do not forget to click on the ‘Add Condition’ option in front of each field. All of them should be displayed in the right side of the lower box.
Preview and apply results to the configuration
On the right, you can see a list of products that meet the conditions configured in the current rule (the upper side).
Go to Product - move to the product on the Products list of Store Manager.
Clear Products - clear all products from a list at once.
The last update of Store Manager for Magento ( from ver. 3.21.0. Build:2311) allows to perform the addition operations by using the options in the right-side toolbar:
- add products from the categories option - you can select the categories and the products assigned to which will be including to the generating:
- add products by search - launches the search engine in order to find the items by the specified parameters:
Delete relations - clear relations in the positions which are selected:
Groups of conditions and products relations
The conditions reflected in the right pane, automatically combined into the appropriate groups.
Use the top toolbar to perform the following operations:
Refresh - update the data of the current area.
Add Condition Group - create the new group positions to which you can assign the additional conditions from the left panel.
Remove Condition - choose condition from the appropriate condition group and press the button above.
Clear Empty Groups - current option serves for removing from the represented list the group, which have no conditions specified.
Export - save the information from the left panel to a separate file of .xml or .html format:
Preview Relations button - applying conditions to preview relations between the products. It forms a list of the related products (up-sells or cross-sells) which will be displayed in the second tab of the lower grid:
Some additional manipulates you can perform by helping with the top toolbar:
- Return to Condition Groups - switch to the previous tab;
- Refresh - update the data in the current tab;
- Go to Product - select the position from a list and press the appropriate button - you will move to the product in the Products list of Store Manager
- ‘Clear All Relations’ helps to clear all generated relations at once from the existing list;
- Apply to Config - activate conditions to the current configuration.
Configurations list: basic operations
The already created rules you can see in a list of the upper left panel:
The toolbar in the top as well as the context menu of the current panel helps to perform the additional operations as:
- edit configuration - open the form for editing and change (update) the data you need;
- delete configuration - remove selected configuration from the configurations list;
- delete all - clear all list at once.
To transfer the information from the current panel of the window use the ‘Export’ option and choose the one of the possible format of a file: xml or html:
‘Generate’ option launches the generation process of the relations between the products which meet the conditions prescribed in a particular rule.
If you have faced with some difficulties or need any help regarding Related Products Generator functionality please contact with us and we will gladly provide you with necessary information and assistance.
The following articles contain the detailed information on Related, Cross-Sells and Up-Sells generating: