3.1. Basic Operations (Add, Edit, Delete...)
Basic operations may be quickly accessed via the Products toolbar:
Alternatively, you may use a context menu (available by right-click on the relevant topic, or selection):
Important! Store Manager creates additional database tables, for internal use only:
Those tables do not affect the Magento itself and can be deleted if needed. Once deleted you will loose filter parameters, product mapping in addons like eBay, Aamzon, and some other internal data. You will need to setup the mapping and column filters again after you delete the tables.
Operations available via the menus include:
The [Refresh Data] button forces a product list update. Refresh data after you've changed your connection, or have any doubts that you are viewing the latest updated data.
2. [Add Product] displays the general product settings window.
Be sure to specify your Attribute set and Product Type first. Select either your Custom Attribute Set or Default Attribute Set, which will determine what product fields you will have access to.
Click [OK] to save your entry and open a blank "Edit Product" window. Or click [Cancel], to discard your changes and exit:
The "Edit Product" dialog pages provide options for editing previously entered data:
3. To open the "Edit Product" dialog, select it from the Menu or click the [Edit Product] button. Your currently selected product will be displayed in the edit form.
4. To delete selected product(s) from your store, use the [Delete] button.
Note: you won't be able to undo any actions taken here, except through a data restore from a backup source.
5. "Clear Product Details" allows deleting some aspects of product's details, without actually deleting the entire product.
6. The product's type can be changed by choosing the relevant selection in context menu.
7. To change product's attribute set, click the [Change Product Attribute Set] button in context menu.
8. The [Assign Categories] button allows you to assign necessary categories to products that you've selected in your store.
In the window that will appear select corresponding checkboxes for the categories to which you want to assign your product(s), and press [OK].
9. If your store has several websites with different views (for instance, English version, Russian version, etc.), in addition to the Default view, you may specify which Store(s) will display which product(s).
Press the [Assign Websites] button in the product's toolbar, and select website(s) to which you want to assign your product(s).
10. The [Show Parent Products] button, from the Product's context menu, will display a list of Parent products.
A Parent can be any complex product, including Magento Configurable product. For example, a Sunglasses (Parent), with attributes, such as colors (Children):
Other examples could include a bundled product, such as a PC (Parent), with its sub-components, consisting of a Motherboard, Hard Drive, Memory, etc., being its Children.
You can use filter parameter and get only parent items displayed on the same product page:
11. To Adjust column widths, select the corresponding button, or use [Column Auto Width].
12. Other buttons allow you to export products to Microsoft Excel, view product page, or admin, by selecting the relevant option.
In the product grid you can preview products images by scrolling up and down on the product page and, if you need to zoom some specific image, move your mouse cursor on it:
To preview all images, which are assigned to a particular product, choose the "Image Gallery" tab and find the necessary option on the toolbar:
It displays image gallery of the selected product. It will be visible in the row below, so you can preview, edit, delete, or download current image to the local drive or view image from the gallery separately:
You can select necessary positions and indicate the corresponding media as a base, small image and as a thumbnail.
It is possible to add images to the multiple selected products with drag-and-drop feature or with [Add] images to selected products:
In addition, using the same drag-and-drop feature you can assign and move selected products to the necessary category.
In the following formyou should determine your next step:
Assign items to a selected category, but not transfer them to it
Move products to a category and assign them to it
Transfer these products to a category without assigning.
Press [OK] to confirm your choice.
The following video tutorial shows how to add products in Store Manager with the toolbar:
For more information, additional useful articles are listed below:
Magento – Add Product, Edit Product, Delete Product