4. Shopping Carts
Section 'Shopping Cart' in Customers & Orders tab of Store Manager serves as a statistical calculator and some controller of products and customers of the store.
It consists of two departments: 'Products in Carts' and 'Abandoned Carts'.
Products in carts
The first department submits a list of all products that have been sent to the cart, but on which were not created orders for various reasons.
Among the main products in carts details such as product name, ID number, price and the total amount of uncompleted order there is the ratio column in Abandoned Carts section.
It shows the ratio of returned products in the cart according to the number of completed purchases.
Using the top toolbar, you can:
- go to the page, where the particular product is located, by clicking 'Go to Product' button;
- save a list of products in carts to a separate file for the reporting, using the Export buttons: 'Export to CSV' or 'Export to Excel'.
If the last data are not appeared in the 'Products in Carts' window you can press the 'Refresh' button to update the current page or use the filter on the right pane of the window.
To configure the filter by the relevant period (specify corresponding dates or choose the whole period):
and by-products (adding products using the search option). At the bottom of the filter by product part check the condition of coincidence:
- one of the products or consider similarities in all products.
Customize View option helps to filter the data for certain structural elements.
Whenever you drag any column header and drop it there (Product Name grouping is shown below) products will be grouped by this parameter, where condition appears as folders (marked in blue) and products are listed after expanding any folder.
'Filter Row' helps to set the desired option in the column headings (if you select column with product name - start typing the name of a specific product, with product price - the cost of the desired item) and the necessary information will be immediately shown in the current form.
'Pagination' allows to enable or disable the row, where you can set the number of displayable products within one page.
In the 'Abandoned Carts' section submitted a list of the registered customers of the store that have already added products to their carts, but didn't finalize their orders through. Using the toolbar, you can:
- go directly to the specific customer's data - 'Go to Customer' button - and save a list of customers to a comma-separate file by selecting one of two options in the toolbar:
- ‘Export to CSV’ launches abandoned carts export Wizard, which allows exporting data to CSV file format or by clicking 'Export to Excel' button you save the required information to xls file.
To speed up the search process of the necessary customer at the store, use the 'Find Customer' button in the top toolbar of this section.
In the lower pane of the window you can see two sections:
'Go to Product' is used for quick access to the product in the products grid, which was added to the order by the appropriate customer but didn't complete a purchase.
'Go to Order' - allows moving to the orders page and show the order, which includes abandoned products.
Abandoned carts contains the new option available in the toolbar - ‘Send Email’.
Allows sending the email message of the certain format (template) to the user (customer). The sender of the message is specified in the general settings of the SMTP server, the recipient - the email address of the user, indicated in the Abandoned Carts customers page.
After pressing the ‘Send E-Mail’ button the form for mailing will appear, where you can select the template of the message, its subject, attach some additional details in different formats of the file (pdf, rtf, jpg, csv, xls etc) and preview the prepared email message before sending.
The message will be sent to the email address(es) specified in the appropriate column(s) of the Abandoned carts list.
Automated Send Email
Choose the task from the tasks list and upload the pre-saved configuration.
‘Create and Modify Configuration’ option allows adding the new configuration to the particular list.
Take a note the following fields below:
- Abandoned Cart Config - this field is required and should be saved in the Abandoned Carts page of Store Manager. If you leave it unfilled you cannot proceed and get a such notification:
- ‘E-Mail Template’ opens the templates of the message which are going to be sent:
- Configuration area helps to upload or save the configuration of the automated operation directly in Store Manager or to a separate file.
Take a note, the clicking on the 'Save Settings' button places the configuration directly in the configurations list.
Embedded list with the pre-saved configurations can be launched after pressing the browser button as in the illustration below:
By helping with the arrow options you can call the drop-down menu and load/transfer configuration from/to a separate file:
- 'Load Settings' list represents with the following commands:
In addition, chosen configuration can be deleted - 'Delete selected config' or the whole list can be cleared by helping with the available command - 'Clear config list'.
- 'Save Settings' option's list contains the next actions:
To remove the current configuration press 'Delete selected config' command.
Once the fields are filled you can proceed with the configuration of the time and date parameters in the Scheduler form below:
‘OK’ button activates the task status in the Scheduled Tasks page of Store Manager:
More information about 'Abandoned Carts' sector of Store Manager and the export of abandoned products and carts to a file of CSV format can be found in the following articles: