6.4. Shopping Carts
Section "Shopping Cart" in the "Customers & Orders" tab of Store Manager serves as a statistical calculator and some controller of products and customers of the store.
It consists of two departments: "Products in Carts" and "Abandoned Carts".
Products in carts
The first department submits a list of all products that have been sent to the cart, but on which orders were not created.
Among the main products in carts details, such as product name, ID number, price and the total amount of uncompleted orders, there is the "Abandoned Ratio" column in the "Abandoned Carts" section. It shows the ratio of returned products in the cart according to the number of completed purchases.
Using the top toolbar, you can do the following:
- Go to the page, where the particular product is located, by clicking the [Go to Product] button.
- Save a list of products in carts to a separate file for reporting, using the export buttons: [Export to CSV] or [Export to Excel].
If the last data did not appear in the "Products in Carts" window, press the [Refresh] button to update the current page, or use the filter on the right pane of the window.
To configure the filter by the relevant period, specify corresponding dates or choose the whole period.
To configure the filter by products (adding products using the search option), check the necessary condition of coincidence at the bottom of the filter by product part:
- "One of the products" or
- Consider similarities in "All products".
The [Customize View] button helps to filter the data for certain structural elements.
Whenever you drag any column header and drop it there (Product Name grouping is shown below), products will be grouped by this parameter, where condition appears as folders (marked in blue) and products are listed after expanding any folder.
"Filter Row" helps to set a necessary option in the column headings (if you select column with product name - start typing the name of a specific product, with product price - the cost of the desired item) and the necessary information will be immediately shown in the current form.
"Pagination" allows to enable or disable a row, where you can set the number of displayable products within one page.
The "Abandoned Carts" section shows a list of the registered customers of the store that have already added products to their carts, but didn't finalize their orders through. Using the toolbar, you can:
- Go directly to the specific customer's data - [Go to Customer] - and save a list of customers to a comma-separate file by selecting one of two options in the toolbar:
- [Export to CSV] launches the "Abandoned Carts" export wizard, which allows exporting data to .csv file
- [Export to Excel] saves the required information to xls file.
- To speed up the search process of the necessary customer at the store, use the [Find Customer] button.
In the lower pane of the window you can see two sections:
- "Go to Product" is used for quick access to the product in the products grid, which was added to the order by the customer but a purchase wasn not completed
- "Go to Order" allows to move to the orders page and show the order that includes abandoned products.
Abandoned carts contain the new option available in the toolbar, that is [Send Email].
This option allows to send an email message of the certain format to a user The sender of the message is specified in the general settings of the SMTP server, the recipient, an email address of a user, is indicated in the "Abandoned Carts" customers page.
After pressing the [Send Email] button, the form for mailing will appear. There, you can select the template of the message, its subject, attach some additional details in different file formats (pdf, rtf, jpg, csv, xls etc) and preview the prepared email message before sending.
The message will be sent to the email address(es) specified in the column(s) of the "Abandoned Carts" list.
Automated Send Email
Choose the task from the tasks list and upload presaved configuration.
The [Create and Modify Configuration] button allows to add a new configuration to the particular list.
Take into account the following fields:
- "Abandoned Cart Config". This field is required and should be saved in the Abandoned Carts page of Store Manager. If you leave it unfilled, you cannot proceed and get a such notification:
- "Email Template" opens templates of the message, which are going to be sent:
- "Configuration" area helps to upload or save the configuration of the automated operation directly in Store Manager or to a separate file.
Take a note, the clicking on the 'Save Settings' button places the configuration directly in the configurations list.
Embedded list with the pre-saved configurations can be launched after pressing the browser button as in the illustration below:
By helping with the arrow options you can call the drop-down menu and load/transfer configuration from/to a separate file:
- The "Load Settings" list represents with the following commands:
- In addition, chosen configuration can be deleted - [Delete selected config], or the whole list can be cleared - [Clear config list].
- [Save Settings] contains the next actions:
To remove the current configuration press [Delete selected config].
Once the fields are filled, you can proceed with the configuration of the time and date parameters in the Scheduler form below:
The [OK] button activates the task status in the "Scheduled Tasks" page of Store Manager:
More information about the "Abandoned Carts" sector of Store Manager and the export of abandoned products and carts to a .csv file can be found in the following articles: