1.6. FTP, SFTP, FTPS or FTPES Connection
If you use the Standard Edition of Store Manager for Magento, the number of Store connections is limited to one (1). Should your operation(s) require management of more than one store, you will need to upgrade to our PRO Edition. Please click here for more details: Store Manager for Magento Plans & Pricing
This section describes how to set up FTP connection to be able to upload and preview images using Store Manager for Magento.
FTP connection is not required, you may skip it. FTP is used for images - downloading and uploading images for products, categories and manufacturers.
If there is no valid FTP connection specified, you will not be able to view images and upload them to your server.
See an example of properly configured FTP below:
- "Server address" - IP address or domain name of FTP server. Do not use any prefixes or suffixes there, just simple name or IP.
- "FTP username" and "FTP password". Specify login information. If you do not know your access details, please contact your Hosting Company and request details.
- It is recommended to select "Use passive mode".
- "Store root directory" - default directory, that contains all files of your store (shopping cart). To select your shopping cart root directory click on the browse button.
- To make sure, that you have selected the correct folder, check if there are present such folders as app /etc /media, as well as all the other files and folders of your shopping cart inside.
- "Max FTP threads" - the number of threads allowed. Can be used if your Hosting Company has any limitations on the number of threads.
- "Cache images" has to be enabled to cache images downloaded to Store Manager.
- "Clear image cache" clears local images cache.
Note: FTP account (settings - login/password) used for images management must have rights to read/write appropriate directories otherwise FTP feature may not work properly.
Click the [Test Connection] button to verify whether all settings you have specified are correct. If everything is correct, you should see the following message:
Depending on the type of a server, you can configure SFTP, FTPS or FTPES instead of the FTP connection.
SFTP can be configured with the password or Private key.
Starting from the ver. 2.27.3 (Build 1421) of Store Manager, you can choose required protocol version with the FTPS or FTPES connection: