4. Customers Management
This section serves for management of the configuration of your Store, at the customer level.
Store Credit (Beta) (Enterprise Edition)
Gift Registry (Enterprise Edition)
Gift Card Account (Enterprise Edition)
Using this section of Store Manager, you may edit customers, view customer's information, add new customers, remove unwanted ones etc.
Use the Customers top toolbar or context menu to perform the basic operations, such as:
1. [Refresh data] forces a Customers list update. This is useful when you're changing your connection, or have doubts as to whether the data displayed is that most recently updated, and available.
2. [Add customer] displays a blank "Edit Customer" form, which is used to create new Customers.
3. To edit existing customer data, double click it, or select the [Edit customer] button, which displays the "Edit Customer" form, for the customer you've selected.
4. You may also delete customers from your store, via the [Delete] button. Be careful as you won't be able to undo a delete operation, except through the restoration of a recently performed database backup.
5. To find customer from the list, use [Find] button.
6. You can also import and/or export customers to/from your store, by launching the Import/Export wizard. To do so, select the relevant button in the toolbar of the Customers section. See the detailed pages of the documentation on the import and export operations.
You may also export customer data to a separate, .xls formatted file, by selecting the [Export to Excel] button.
7. To view which group(s) a selected customer belongs to, choose the "Customer Groups" tab:
In the "Customer Groups Data" window you will see the list of available groups. Using the toolbar, you may create a new group of customers, edit or delete existing customers.
8. You may export current customer(s) reports and account information to PeachTree, or QuickBooks accounting applications, from Store Manager. To do so, press the applicable button, in the toolbar, from the "Manage Customers" page.
9. From the latest update of Store Manager, the new option will be available in the top customers' toolbar, called [Send Email]:
By using the new option, you are able to send the email message to a selected customer (customers) from the options on the Customers page.
Press the [Send Email] button to launch the form for mailing.
Fill the fields with the necessary details, therefore, choose a template from a list, specify title (name) of the selected template, its subject, make some updates in the template description, if necessary.
The [Preview] button shows how the completed message looks before sending.
Once the message is sent, you will see the pop-up confirmation.
The email should be sent via Store Manager and you can monitor the outgoing mailing in the relevant section, which will be available in the latest version as well (see the documentation page here).
Check the following video tutorial to see how to perform the basic operations with customers via Store Manager's section: