4. Customers Management
fmCustomers - Customers Management Section
This section serves for management of the configuration of your Store, at the Customer level.
Using this section of Store Manager, you may edit Customers, view customer's information, add new customers, remove unwanted ones etc.
Use the Customers top toolbar or Context Menu to perform the basic operations, such as:
1. 'Refresh data' ( ) forces a Customers list update. This is useful when you're changing your connection, or have doubts as to whether the data displayed is that most recently updated, and available.
2. 'Add customer' ( ) displays a blank Edit Customer form, which is used to create new Customers.
3. To edit existing Customer data, double click on, or select the 'Edit customer' () button, which displays the Edit Customer form, for the Customer you've selected. Please see below for available options.
4. You may also delete Customers from your Store, via the delete option ( ). Be careful as you won't be able to undo a delete operation, except through the restoration of a (hopefully) recently performed database backup.
5. You can also import and/or export Customers to/from your Store, by launching the 'Import/Export' wizard. To do so, select the relevant button in the toolbar of the Customers section. See the detailed pages of the documentation
You may also export Customer data to a separate, .xls formatted file, by selecting the 'Export to Excel' button.
Take a note, such option allows saving the data only from the upper Customers' grid of Store Manager:
To view which group(s) a particular (selected) Customer belongs to, choose the 'Customer Groups' tab choice.
In the 'Customer Groups Data' window. you will see the list of available groups. Using the toolbar, you may create a new group of Customers, edit existing Customers, or delete selected Customers.
You may export current Customer(s) reporting and account information to PeachTree, or QuickBooks accounting applications, from within Store Manager.
Press the applicable button, in the toolbar, from the 'Manage Customers' page.
6. From the latest update of the Store Manager which are coming soon, the new option will available in the top customers' toolbar, called 'Send E-Mail':
By using the new option you are able to send the email message to the selected customer (customers) from the options on the Customers page.
Press ‘Send E-Mail’ button to launch the form for mailing.
Fill the fields with the necessary details - choose a template from a list, specify title (name) of the selected template, its subject, make some updates in the template description, if necessary.
By helping with the ‘Preview’ button you can see how the completed message looks before sending.
Once the message is sent you will see the popup confirmation.
The email should be sent via Store Manager and you can monitor the outgoing mailing in the appropriate section which will be available in the latest version as well (see the documentation page here).
Check the following video tutorial to see how to perform the basic operations with customers via Store Manager's section: