1.3. Connection Settings Name
If you use the Standard Edition of Store Manager for Magento, the number of Store connections is limited to one (1). If your operation(s) require management of more than one store, you will need to upgrade to our PRO Edition. Please click here for more details: Store Manager for Magento Plans & Pricing
This section describes how to create, edit or delete a configuration name (a labeled, and later re-callable connection to the Magento database), how to create multiple configurations (connections), and how to switch between your Magento stores.
To start working with your store, you have to select, or create your Store Configuration (a re-callable connection settings name; It is a good idea to use your store name, or some other easily recognizable label). You can thereafter easily load your configuration, using the label (selectable from a drop-down list) from your previously saved configuration settings (subsequent changes can be made, and re-saved if required). Later, you can select any configuration from the drop-down in order to switch between previously created stores, greatly simplifying and facilitating your workflow.
To start, please go to Settings-> Preferences -> Database Connection tab (F12):
Store Manager allows you to perform the following actions on your connection settings:
1. Create new configuration/connection settings
If you want to create a new configuration:
- Press the [Actions] button next to the store name field and select "Create new configuration" from the drop-down.
- Specify a new name. It is a good idea to use your store name or some other informative label to easily identify and manage your databases.
- Click [OK] to save the entry, or [Cancel] to discard it (aborting any unsaved changes).
This will create a new, stored configuration. You may create as many database connection settings as you require in case you have installed Professional Edition of the program.
Standard Edition of Store Manager allows to setup and use only one store configuration!
2. To work with the Embedded (default) configuration, select the corresponding action from the drop-down list. Working with the local (Embedded) database is much faster than working with the remote one.
3. To clone your configuration with all its settings, select the "Clone configuration" action.
4. Rename configuration. You can easily rename your configuration by following these simple steps:
- Press the [Actions] button (next to store name field) and select "Rename configuration" from the drop-down list.
- Change your configuration name in the edit configuration window.
- Click [OK] to save the entry, or click [Cancel], to discard your changes.
5. To delete your configuration select the corresponding action from the drop-down list and confirm it. Note that this action is irreversible!
6. To save current / all configurations and their settings, select the relevant choice from the drop-down list. This option can be used if you would like to move your connection settings to a new PC or to completely uninstall and (optionally) reinstall Store Manager.
7. To load your local database configuration select the Load configuration action, and browse the contents of your local folders to navigate to, and select the required configuration. This option can be used if you would like to move your connection settings to new PC or to completely uninstall and (optionally) reinstall Store Manager.