3. Create Order (Point of Sale)
You now have an opportunity to work directly with your Store orders via Store Manager for Magento. You may create new orders, add new Customers, identify and specify the delivery method, change order status, and a number of other useful functions. This new functionality is made available via a new option in Store Manager, 'Point of Sale'.
To access these features, navigate to the Product Page, select Customers & Orders and choose the 'Point of sale' (POS) option, or press the F11 key.
You may manually key in the pertinent information, or process entries using a barcode scanner. Scanner setup is located in the Preferences section and is configured as a keyboard, by default.
To scan Product barcodes, and automatically insert them in order, select 'Handle as barcode scanner' as the active device.
Click 'OК' or 'Apply', to save the scanner's settings and proceed.
After loading the POS module, for the first time, the following message will appear:
Launch the wizard, to start working with the available POS functions. Press 'Yes', to confirm and specify your correct FTP settings. Subsequently, upload bridge PHP file after that.
Now you can begin creating orders.
The POS window is divided into several sections:
1. Product section - there you can get the products, that have been set in the search field, and also specify the search procedure - check as many parameters to search as you need from the drop down menu (as an example below):
2. Customer section - it is located in the right pane of the POS window. First of all, choose the store view (and if you have multiple stores select one(s) which will show all data changed).
Then please select the whole customer's list necessary one, for which you are creating an order. To edit customer data click on the appropriate button on the right side and fill the required fields in the address form.
Please note, fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory.
Thus you can change the data in shipping and billing customer's address appropriately.
You can also add a new customer in order by pressing an identical button in this section or using the combination of the buttons [Ctrl+F3]:
Don't forget to press 'OK' button to save all changes.
If you choose the appropriate customer without specified default billing or shipping addresses, you will get warning message suggesting to add the following addresses to proceed with order recording:
3. The important fields to fill in the third section of the POS window are the delivery method, payment method and order status. Therefore they are marked with an asterisk.
4. At the bottom of the window, you may find options related to the price. You can get a final price of an order, according to the taxes availability or specify the shipping cost into the appropriate box manually.
'Refresh' button helps to update an order's price value:
There you may calculate the change using 'Cash and Change' option, create an order or invoice in accordance with the filled data and print them.
Starting from the updated version of the Store Manager for Magento it is possible to create the next order in the Invoice area (press 'Create & Print' button previously) without existing from the Point of Sale section (see the screenshot below):
Please note, starting from the version 3.19.0 Build 2287 of Store Manager for Magento
When you create the order and filled in all the required fields - you can get out of the sector by clicking 'Exit' button
Once an order is created, Store Manager will notify you about adding new order at your store: