6.3. Create an Order (Point of Sale / POS)
You now have the opportunity to work directly with your Store orders via Store Manager for Magento. You can create new orders, add new customers, identify and specify the delivery method, change order status, and use some other functions. This functionality is now available with "Point of Sale."
To access these features, navigate to the Orders -> Point of sale (POS), or press the [F11] key.
The necessary information could be filled in manually or with a barcode scanner. Scanner setup is located in the "Preferences" section and is configured as a keyboard by default.
To scan product barcodes, and automatically insert them in order, select "Handle as barcode scanner" as the active device.
Click [OK] or [Apply], to save the scanner's settings and proceed.
After loading the POS module, for the first time, the following message will appear:
Launch the wizard, to start working with the available POS functions. Press [Yes], to confirm and specify your correct FTP settings. Subsequently, upload bridge PHP file after that.
Now you can begin creating orders.
The POS window is divided into several sections:
1. The "Product" section. There, you can get products that have been set in the search field, and also specify the search procedure - check as many parameters to search as you need from the drop down menu (as on the example below):
When the product was added you may change the quantity and the price by selecting the product and pressing Enter button:
2. The "Customer" section is located on the right pane of the POS window. First of all, choose the store view (and if you have multiple stores select one(s) which will show all data changed).
Then from the whole customer's list select the necessary one, for which you are creating an order. To edit customer data click the corresponding button on the right side and fill the required fields in the address form.
Please note, fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory.
Thus you can change the data in shipping and billing customer's address appropriately. You can also add a new customer in order by pressing an identical button in this section, or using the combination of the buttons [Ctrl+F3]:
Don't forget to press the [OK] button to save all changes.
If you choose the necessary customer without specified default billing or shipping addresses, you will get warning message suggesting to add the following addresses to proceed with order recording:
3. The important fields to fill in the third section of the POS window are the "Delivery Method", "Payment Method" and "Order Status". Therefore they are marked with an asterisk.
4. To add order discount or select gift card use the corresponding section:
5. You can also add a comment to the new order:
6. At the bottom of the window, you may find options related to the price. You can get a final price of an order, according to the taxes availability, or specify the shipping cost into the appropriate box manually.
The [Refresh] button helps to update an order's price value:
There, you may calculate the change using [Cash and Change], create an order or invoice in accordance with the filled data and print them.
Starting from the updated version of Store Manager for Magento it is possible to create the next order in the "Invoice" area (press the [Create & Print] button previously) without exiting the "Point of Sale" section (see the screenshot below):
Please note, starting from the version 3.19.0 Build 2287 of Store Manager for Magento, when you create an order and fill in all the required fields, you can get out of the sector by clicking the [Exit] button.
Once an order is created, Store Manager will notify you about adding new order at your store: