3.4. Search Products
You can search products using products tool-bar or context menu.
You can perform Product Search in your store by product name, ID or SKU.
Product Search form has the following sections:
- "Text to search". Type a few letters of product's name or model and press the [Find] button to see a list of products that match your request.
- "Select attributes to search in". Choose from the drop-down list required attributes, which will be considered during searching.
- Select whether the specified text will be met in all fields' data - "AND" - or at least in one product field - "OR".
2. Search Options
- "Any word". When enabled, helps you to see a list of products that match your request while you're typing letters without pressing the [Find] button. Note: Do not use this option if you have slow direct database connection!
- "All the words" shows the items, which contain any of the entered words in the "text to search" field in Search Results
- "Number of rows to display". You may wish to specify a smaller number of rows to display results, which speeds up the search. Unless the product you're looking for is listed in the search results, please specify greater number of rows and click find button
- "Exact phrase". All the words in the order that you specified in the search field will be considered in the selection process
- "Exact match" shows products that match your text exactly.
Store Manager will show you a list of products that match your request at the "Results" section.
If you double-click any product in the search results, Store Manager will take you to its category page and highlight searched product in product list. If you enable the "Edit Product" option, Edit Product window will appear along with the regular results. You can also delete products from the result list by pressing the corresponding button in the top toolbar.
If necessary, you can create your own filter by the parameter you specified in the "Text to search" field. Enter words for searching and press the [Filter] button at the bottom of the window.
The newly-created filter will be approachable among the other filter parameters in the main Product page.