8. Gift Registry (Enterprise Edition!)
This Gift Registry (available in Enterprise Edition) of Store Manager allows for the creation, and management of your Customers' gift registries, products which your Customers want to receive, possibly for a special event.
Select the Store's Gift Registry section, upon which you will see a list of all available registry types. Using the Gift Registry toolbar, you may perform the following actions:
- Add a new registry type, by clicking the appropriate button in the top menu (fields 'code' and 'label' are required for filling);
- Remove from an existing list, a selected registry type;
- Clone from previously created registries, and create new ones.
The lower part of this section allows for additional data to be added to the selected gift registry, including attributes, displayed as additional fields, which are subsequently made available for filling in, on the front-end of your Store.
Note that some fields in this section are required, including those specifying the code, label, type (custom or static) and attribute group settings (event information, gift registry properties, privacy settings, recipients information).
As an example, to create a registry type in Store Manager:
Press the 'Add' button, and type in the following information, in the relevant fields:
- registry type code: 'angel_day' (without the quotes);
- label - event name: 'Angel Day'.
On the 'Attributes' tab, add the following, additional information:
- event day: The confirmed date of the occasion.
- event location: The country, where the occasion will be celebrated;
- role: The role of the recipients the registry gift type will be sent to (If you expect a large number of guests at your celebration, for more convenient processing, you may divide them into familiar groups, such as 'family', 'friends' and,or, 'co-workers', etc).
These additionally created data fields will also be displayed on the front-end, for completion by Customers, during
Gift Registry creation.
Each Customer may choose the special event day, add required items, and create a list of possible recipients. Products, which are added in the front-end to the Gift Registry, are subsequently displayed in the Customers section, on the Gift Registry tab.
Using the toolbar, you may go directly to the Product in the Gift list, or, optionally, remove the selected item from the list.
On the right, you will see important, general information, regarding the celebration, such as: The event name, event date, the Website in which the occasion was created, and the person (Customer) who posted the event, as well as the date of its creation. You may also view the list of Customer recipients. Additionally, shipping addresses may be previewed, in the right lower area of the Gift Registry window.