7.7.2. Updates in Custom Store Diagnostics (EE)
Store Diagnostics in Store Manager displays a list of different verification to identify the issues (problems) of the store data and their prompt resolution (fix).
Recent changes in Store Diagnostics of Store Manager for Magento (Enterprise Edition) combine certain types of diagnostics in the following sections: Images, Product EAV, SEO and Data Integrity.
The number of problems are marked in red.
Each checkbox is related to a certain type of diagnostics that will include only selected options.
For quick selection of all sectors from the necessary diagnostics type, it is enough to put a check mark in the main checkbox.
Current diagnostics sector relates to the product metadata and shows the records with non-standard or missing details in the corresponding fields.
Current type of diagnostics is performed to improve the indexing of the store and for efficient search of store products in search engines.
- "Missing meta titles or meta description" determines products that have no specified meta description or meta title.
Solution: Press the [Fix problem by executing recommended action] button to open the "Product Edit" form. Find unfilled rows and specify missing values:
- "Duplicate meta titles or meta descriptions" allows to find the identical text in the "Meta Description" or "Meta Title" fields. Such duplicates reduce the uniqueness of the store products in search engines.
Solution: Rewrite the values in meta title/meta description to avoid the duplication. The [Fix problem by executing recommended action] button calls the "Edit Product" form. Open the "Meta information" tab where you can rewrite (or rename) the fields with meta description/title manually:
- "Meta title or meta description length is out of range" verifies if the titles and text in metadata fields are within the limits. The meta title length should be within 15 and 60 characters, including spaces. The length of the meta description range is from 50 to 156 characters, including spaces, in accordance.
Solution: To decrease or increase the content of the title/description field, depending on the result, click the [Fix problem by executing recommended action] button in the toolbar that opens the "Product Edit" form. Go to "Meta Information" tab and find the field that need to be corrected.
In our example the meta description content should be longer:
- "Duplicate URL keys" shows products with identical URL keys.
Solution: The [Fix problem by executing recommended action] button in the toolbar recommends to change the URL key in each displayed position to make it unique. You should see the edit form of the chosen product. Change the url key in the "Search Engine Optimization" tab:
- "HTML tags in meta title or meta description" shows the presence of HTML tags in products meta title or meta description.
Solution: Change the metadata in the edit product form by using the [Fix problem by executing recommended action] button (see the illustration above).
Take a note, after clicking it, the HTML tags in the metadata fields will be removed automatically. You will see the relevant status in the "Executed Action" column:
To check the fixed data press the [Go to Product] button on the top toolbar:
- "External URLs in description" checks the availability of the external URLs in product description. Select the current diagnostics type and click the [Run Diagnostics] button to start. The results will be displayed in the right side of the "Store Diagnostics" page:
Solution: To be able to fix the issues use the [Fix problem by executing recommended action] button. It leads to the "Edit Product" form. Find the product description field and remove the external URL manually.
Some issues with the database tables may occur due to the incorrect imported data or as a result of the manual changes in the store database, or through the incorrect work of the extension.
To verify the data contained in the tables of the store database, in order to avoid the database crashes or data loss, it is recommended to launch the current type of store diagnostics:
- "Products with missing required attributes" shows products that have no required attribute specified. This can be possible during an import from the external sources when some required data in the import file is not specified. Therefore, in order to ensure the normal store functionality, it is expedient to perform the following type of diagnostics:
Solution: Specify the missing values in the relevant product fields as a main recommendation at this case. Click the button to fix and find an unfilled attribute positions (such attributes are marked with an asterisk in product details form):
- "Duplicates in ‘dropdown’ attribute" shows the identical values in "dropdown" products attribute options. In some cases, values of the attribute are repeated (see the example below):
Solution: To clear duplicates in the entire attributes list with "dropdown" type, run the following diagnostics type:
You can see the name of the attribute according to its code and number of duplicate values in the corresponding columns of the table.
Solution: Click the [Fix problem by executing recommended action] button to open the "Edit Attribute Data" form and rename or delete the duplicated attribute options:
- "Duplicates in ‘multiple select’ attribute" shows identical values in the "multiple select" products attributes. As you can see at the illustration below, there are some similar options in the "markers colors" attribute:
You are able to run the diagnostics of the entire database for the presence of the duplicates in all attributes of this type:
Solution: In the table with the results you can see the attribute code and the number of the identical values. Click the button to fix and clear the duplicates from the attribute data.
- "Data storage mismatch" shows the mismatch of stored attribute data to its "backend_type":
- "Missing Admin "Store View" value" shows the product attributes that have no specified "StoreView" value in "Admin" label:
Solution: "Fill in the field". This problem can be fixed by adding missing values manually. After clicking the [Fix problem by executing recommended action] button on the toolbar you can manage the "Edit Attribute Data" form and specify required label: