8. E-Mail Templates
The current section is used for formatting and creating the mailings (e-mail messages) which will be sent from the store. Each of such messages associated with a particular type of transaction or event.
It is located in the top menu of Store Manager in the Advanced Tools section:
It represents with the following top toolbar:
1. 'Refresh' button uses to display the latest actions when changing the connection, for instance.
2. 'Add template' or create the new one - when you press the similar button, appears 'Email template properties' form, where you should specify a name of the newly-created template and its description.
3. To 'Edit template' simply double-click on the selected one and the following form will appear.
4. You can clone the template by clicking on 'Clone Template' button from the toolbar.
5. To remove the template from the store, use 'Delete' button.
6. 'Preview Template' allows you checking the created template before it will be sent.
The template can be previewed in case you use the correct e-mail settings details. To verify this follow to the next option.
7. 'Test email' is used to send the test message (template) to the internal email address and check its correctness and appearance before sending.
This option works in case you have already configured the SMTP connection in the Preferences. In other cases you will receive the following message:
The left variant (i.e. 'Configure') brings to the email settings page where you should specify the necessary details:
Click on the ‘Advanced Settings’ button to configure the required SMTP fields:
Press ‘Apply’ or ‘OK’ button to activate connection details.
8. ‘Show E-Mail Settings’ option moves to the same page with the general settings details of SMTP server as the previous one (point 7).
If you need to add the new template to the default list, click on the 'Add template' button. In the form that appears, specify the name for your template and type description for it.
Click 'OK' button to save the changes or 'Cancel' for rejection of the previous action.
Fill the content of your template in the appropriate area. Use ‘Edit as HTML’ button to launch the HTML editor and generate your own HTML code for the email template.
To upload (insert) the required field to the content use the button at the bottom - ‘Insert Macro’. A list of macros on various aspects you will see in the pop-up table. Just click on the necessary one and it will be added to the email template automatically.
To see how such template will look based on the email address which has chosen above, hit the button for previewing:
You can add some attachments to email if there are any on your PC. Use Attachments section in the right pane of the window and press 'Add' button.
Attached information can be removed from the template by using the ‘Delete’ button:
At the end of the creation, we recommend send the test message to your internal email address before saving the template to the others.