7.8. Email Templates
The current section is used to format and create e-mail messages that will be sent from the store. Each of these messages is associated with a particular type of transaction or event.
Go to Tools -> Advanced Tools -> Email Templates
These operations are represented with the following top toolbar:
1. The [Refresh] button displays the latest actions when changing the connection, for instance.
2. [Add template] or create the new one. When you press the similar button, appears the "Email template properties" form, where you should specify a name of the newly-created template and its description.
3. To edit template, double-click the selected one and the following form will appear.
4. You can clone the template by clicking the [Clone Template] button from the toolbar.
5. To remove the template from the store, use the [Delete] button.
6. [Preview Email] allows you to check created template before it will be sent. A template can be previewed in case you use the correct email settings details. To verify this follow to the next option.
7. [Test email] is used to send the test message (template) to the internal email address and check its correctness and appearance before sending. This option works when you have already configured the SMTP connection in the Preferences. In other cases you will receive the following message:
The left option (i.e. "Configure") opens the "Email Settings" page where you should specify the necessary details:
Click the [Advanced Settings] button to configure required SMTP fields:
Press the [Apply] or [OK] button to activate connection details.
8. "Show E-Mail Settings" option moves to the same page with the general settings details of SMTP server as the previous one (point 7).
If you need to add a new template to the default list, click the [Add Template] button. In the form that appears, specify the name for your template and type description for it.
Click the [OK] button to save the changes or [Cancel] to discard them.
Fill the content of your template in the relevant area. Use the [Edit as HTML] button to launch the HTML editor and generate your own HTML code for the email template.
To upload the required field to the content use the button at the bottom - [Insert Macro’]. A list of macros on various aspects will be available on the pop-up table. Just click the necessary one and it will be added to the email template automatically.
To see how a template will look based on the email address which was chosen above, press the button for previewing:
You can add some attachments to email, if there are any on your PC. Use the "Attachments" section in the right pane of the window and press the [Add] button.
Attached information can be removed from the template with the [Delete] button:
At the end of template creation, we recommend to send a test message to your internal email address before saving a template.